PUMPKIN FEST – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (with ANSWERS!)
- How can we buy tickets or how does admission work this year? What is the cost of tickets?
A: Tickets will be available for purchase on our website www.coastablack.ca as well as in person at the entrance. Tickets are $12/ adult $10/ child ages 3-12 (children 2 and under are FREE).
- What does my Admission Ticket include?
a) Adult corn maze – Stay close with your family/friends or maybe get lost in our 6 acre corn maze!
b) KIDS maze – Take your little ones around our NEW (shorter) corn maze and view our miniature western village.
c) Hay Bale maze
d) Pumpkin bowling and ring toss.
e) Hay wagon rides
f) Barnyard animal visits
g) Pie eating contests
i) Live music (get your groove on!)
*Items at additional cost:
*i) Corn Cannons/ Food and Beverages/Little Prints Photography Photos/Purchase of Pumpkins, Wine, Honey etc.
- What are the dates/hours of operation (last entry time)?
A:We are open Sept 25-Oct 31 (Saturdays and Sundays including Thanksgiving Monday) from 10am-4pm. Last entry is at 4pm and the event runs until 5pm.
- Will you have food/drinks this year? If so, full kitchen or just coffee and snacks?
A: Yes, we will have both the Country Kitchen and Fireside Cafe open with hot and cold food, snacks and beverages all available. We will also have live music in our event barn with pie eating contests throughout the day!
- Will there be any school tours this year?
A: Unfortunately we will not be hosting school tours this year but appreciate the interest and hope to start them back up again next year. We are encouraging teachers to share about the festival with their students and hope families can come out on the weekends to make fun memories.
- Will you have pumpkins, gourds and squash available?
A: We will have all sizes of pumpkins for sale (from $2-$12). Even the giant pumpkins will cost no more than $12! Squash and gourds will also be available. We have a few new varieties of pumpkins this year too…look out for the soft green peach and flat white ones!
- Will a photographer be there this year?
A: Yes, Little Prints Photography will be back taking family photos in our barn. To book your time please email: firstname.lastname@example.org (don’t forget to buy your pumpkin fest tickets for the same day as your photo session!)
- Can I bring a pet to Pumpkin Fest?
A: No unfortunately not, as we have barnyard animals at the event so cannot allow outside pets (*service animals are of course welcome).
- Will the winery be open during Pumpkin Fest for tastings?
A: No, unfortunately due to COVID restrictions we cannot open the tasting room during Pumpkin Fest – However on FRIDAYS in October the winery will be open for tastings* by reservation only. These 30 minute tastings are available from 12pm to 5pm each Friday (max. 8 people) & the cost is $5 per person (*please note this is for a tasting only – the pumpkin festival area will be closed). – To reserve a time please email email@example.com detailing your name, phone number, # of guests & requested time for the booking and we will get back to you ASAP to confirm.
- Can I still buy bottles of wine or cider during Pumpkin Fest?
A: Yes, for sure! We will have all our wines and ciders available for you to purchase to take home at the pumpkin checkout area.
- What COVID protocols will be in place?
- Enhanced cleaning for all bathrooms, tables and ‘high-touch’ areas.
- Drinks and food will be ‘seasoned/condimented’ by us!
- Children must stay with their families at all times.
– As this is an outdoor event no vaccine passports or masks will be required (unless you choose to wear one).
***As things often change with health orders and mandates (and in order to keep Pumpkin Fest open) Please visit our website www.coastalblack.ca for updated COVID rules/plans and regulations the day before your arrival.
NEED TO CONNECT WITH US? PLEASE EMAIL:firstname.lastname@example.org